El Pretexto is pleased to present this amazing culinary collaboration between two Nature lovers Chefs.
Our main collaborator Chef, Natalia Vallejo has a world-traveling background and is always conscious of her Puerto Rican roots. Most recently, she cooked at the James Beard House last November and opened her own restaurant: cocina al fondo, inside of the cultural space named :Pública. Her menu is designed with the freshest local products in mind. She will join forces with Chef José Carles. Owner of Downtown Boquerón restaurant in Cabo Rojo and former chef of Royal Isabela. His kitchen also highlights the freshest seasonal ingredients and he also is a fisherman, so he cooks what he catches and this is why this dinner is going to be really special.
Chefs will be designing a menu with what is available a few days before this dinner but this is the preliminary menu as a sneak-peak, all made with seasonal local ingredients:
- Arañitas de Cetí con chutney de papaya ahumada
- Arepas de coco rellenas de Balajú guisado
- Bandejas: Crudo de Peto, con chicharrón y aguacate | Ostiones | "Mollejas" de Bulgao con guineítos en escabeche (ají dulce) | Huevas de dorado fritas
- Pez león con calabaza al carbón
- Gnocchi de batata dulce - balsámico - Langostas Galápagos*
- Arroz apaellao con langostinos de mar y almejas
- Cazuela de coco, batata y calabaza
- Panacotta de vaina de vainilla con chutney de carambola pretextuosa
The price is per person and includes a pairing designed by Sommelier Giacomo Galati.
El Pretexto is an adult-only and smoking-free venue. Thanks for your consideration!